Audrey & James' Guestbook!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

First Snow

It's 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and I have come to the realization that I will yet again not be in the Vineyard to enjoy the debauchery that is the Russell Family Thanksgiving, complete with Gravy Bowl and all. A chill runs over my body as this aweful thought goes running through my cranium; that thought coupled with the fact that the temperature is falling pretty rapidly sends me into a straight out shiver. It's 5 o'clock in the afternoon on a Tuesday and I spot the first snowflake...awesome. It started snowing progressivly harder throughout the day and once nightfall hit, it was a white out and it was starting to stick. By the time I awoke on Wednesday morning, the snowfall had not stopped. The pictures below capture that night and the next morning.





So the show must go on. Nevermind the fact that it snowed close to a foot overnight and more is expected in the forecast...the South needs defending from the Chonger himself up North and we must fly. The morning go was cancelled, but jets were airborne later in the afternoon. Demonstrated below is the expert skills of a Korean behind the wheel of a massive snow plow on our runway. I think these guys play a game of seeing how fast they can drive their plows blindfolded...they plowed just as much infield as they did runway.




Below is the beast that I bought off of Mr. So outside the gate...what I neglected to buy was a brush/ice scrapper...I just keep telling myself how awesome I am.


The snow melted almost as fast as it arrived and I was flying Thursday morning first go...nothing can stop Air Force training.

No comments: