
It was just supposed to be another weekend as part of "Audrey April" since I had Flattop February and Mustache March, Audrey demanded she also have a month, so what better place to go than
Busan South Korea.
Busan is located on the east coast of Korea and is a perfect weekend get-a-way to enjoy the sand, sun and relaxation. The trip down was uneventful but in only a few hours we were away from the daily grind of
Kunsan and walking with sand between our toes. We stayed at a hotel right on
Haeundae Beach and the view was breathtaking. We spent our day there exploring the sites and sounds of
Busan. We made a pit stop at Friday's to split a cheeseburger, mac and cheese bites and I enjoyed a fruity drink called a "June Bug". We toasted to our mini-vacation and made our way back to the hotel to enjoy the spa and natural hot springs. As the sun set, we yet again toasted to us and our mouths started to salivate as we pictured the amazing dinner we were about to have. I had one surprise left...one surprise that would be the king of the night and we would all live in its domain. I told Audrey that I was not quite ready for dinner and that it would be a good idea to walk the beach one more time and work up our appetites. As our feet hit the sand there were fireworks in the air; literally and figuratively as some Korean
teenagers were lighting off roman candles and sparklers in the distance. The stage was set in an all too familiar setting. It brought us back in time to our first date in Hilton Head over the 4
th of July, when we had walked the beach all day joking about our future dream homes and aspirations. My heart was pounding so loud that I thought I better get on with this before Audrey hears it beating through my shirt. When we speak of our future, it was always surrounded by a world of '
maybe's' or 'hypothetically speaking...' As I dropped to a knee that world was to be a thing of the past. No more
maybe's for us. My jeans hadn't even hit the first grain of sand and Audrey screamed 'YES!...wait no....Maybe.....now get back down there' Within a few short moments, our lives were now changed forever and I couldn't be more excited. The rest of the night was just surreal. I felt like I was watching my life on the big screen, like an outsider looking in. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner with wine...we danced in the middle of the
restaurant while others looked upon us in jealousy. After dinner, it was time to really celebrate, before the food coma set in. We climbed to the 14
th floor of the building across the street to the
Rok N Roll bar...a real quality establishment. We about doubled the population of this fine place when we walked in the door. But the drinks were cheap and we were engaged. Like a small child, we were excited and fearless. Plus they started playing the Outfield after we ordered the first round...it was a sign from the Gods. We laughed and drank the night away before finally stumbling back to the hotel and calling our families. It was an epic weekend indeed. We can't thank everyone enough for the support that we've received thus far. We couldn't be more excited and can't wait to plan a Russell/Hayden wedding...another epic event for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment