Audrey & James' Guestbook!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Ready? Set? Run!


A few weeks ago I ran a 1/2 marathon with my good friend Becca Aduddell. For the past few months we had been training hard and ran many, many miles along the sea wall of the Kunsan Air Base. Running back and forth on this 5 mile path had gotten pretty old, so we were looking forward to running in a different setting. A half marathon is 13.1 miles. 13.1 miles of leaving your guts on the road and running even when you feel like you can't take another step! I had run the Chicago marathon in 2007, and ran the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon in Phoenix with James. The Osan 1/2 Marathon/Fun Run was awesome! Not only because we were running with both Americans and Koreans, but the course was really tough. Becca and I had not trained for hills and we were handed a pretty big one about half way through the race that last for .5 miles. My legs were numb for a mile or two after tackling the hill, but as they say the rest was down hill after that. We finished the race in 2:03:00. We had a few friends there as cheerleaders who greeted us with a cooler full of beer at the finish line. Unfortunately, James was in Japan at the time so I wasn't able to high five him at the end, but I could feel his support from where he was. It was great to have the opportunity to run in another country! Enjoy the photos below!

No comments: